The College of Liberal Arts is currently working toward achieving nine major initiatives:
- Advance an Innovative and Comprehensive Educational Experience: Foster innovative curriculum, experiential learning, and faculty development of pedagogical skills.
- Expand Educational Access for Students: Expand CLA diversity scholarships for first generation, urban core, and Black Belt students, develop more 2 + 2 programs with community colleges serving diverse populations, increase the number of talent-based scholarships for the visual and performing arts students, and develop fully online degree programs at undergraduate and graduate levels.
- Prepare Students for Life and Careers: Improve academic advising, expand scholarships for recruitment and retention, and strengthen preparation for after-graduation through enhanced career services.
- Recruit and Retain Outstanding Faculty Members: Hire new faculty at or above 100% of our Southern Regional Peers and increase average faculty salaries to 100% of Southern Regional Peers, reward professors with market adjustments for maintaining consistently high evaluations for research and creative activities, support dual career and equitable family leave policies, develop strong mentoring programs, reorganize CLA awards process, and recognize and promote accomplishments of faculty members.
- Elevate Research and Creative Works: Invest in new PhD programs, improve access to personal improvement leaves, review and elevate tenure and promotion guidelines for PhD programs.
- Increase Extramural Grants and Contracts: Streamline CLA’s pre-awards and post-awards process and encourage more faculty members to apply for all forms of external awards and contracts.
- Strengthen and Increase Community and Global Engagement: Advance our land-grant mission by extending international partnerships and rewarding outreach efforts.
- Support Robust Operations and Facilities: Begin to implement One Auburn IT initiative, improve workflow processes, develop plans to renovate or replace aging or inaccessible infrastructure.
- Increase Alumni and Stakeholder Support and Participation: Promote CLA’s vision and mission, promote accomplishments of alumni, expand donor support for academic scholarships, diversity scholarships, career services, All-Steinway School initiative, renovated or new buildings for academic programs, endowed professorships, and international programs.