Our Leadership Fellows Program provides you with opportunities to work alongside faculty and administrators to hone your leadership skills and make a difference on campus and in our communities. Fellowships are open to undergraduate and graduate students, and those selected participate in a unique leadership project. Fellows work an average of five hours per week during regular university work hours.
Four fellowships are available during the 2020-21 academic year. Two students will report to Julia Wiard, coordinator of the leadership minor, and will work on projects coordinated by the College of Liberal Arts in the area of leadership. Two students will report to the CLA programs and events coordinator.
To be eligible for the Leadership Fellows Program, applicants must:
- Be enrolled in CLA as an undergraduate or graduate student. Undergraduates must be pursuing a minor in leadership or community and civic engagement. Graduate students must be engaged in coursework that emphasizes outreach, marketing, communications, media, leadership or civic engagement.
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Demonstrate an ability to communicate effectively in writing and in person
- Be able to work a minimum of 5 hours per work during regular university work hours.
Leadership fellows receive $800 per semester for a total of $1,600 per year. Payments are made at the end of each academic semester.
The position is for the 2020-21 academic year, although duration is dependent upon positive job performance.
How to apply:
Your application must include the following:
- letter of interest outlining your qualifications
- copy of your resume, including at least two references with contact information
- writing sample
- copy of unofficial academic transcript and your 2020 fall semester schedule, including classes, work and/or other regular commitments.